‘I PAY HALF IN CHINA OF WHAT I WOULD HAVE SPENT IN THE US’

‘I PAY HALF OF WHAT I WOULD HAVE SPENT IN THE US’

Icompleted my BTech and MTech from IIT Bombay in 2006 and was working in a multinational company. With five years of work experience, I felt an MBA degree will push me up the ladder. I looked up the 2010 Financial Times MBA school rankings and found the China Europe International Business School (CEIBS), Shanghai, ranked #17 in the world. Here is what I found during my research and experience in the country:
Language: The course is taught entirely in English. The school provides free classes to students who want to learn the local language.
Expenses: The MBA costs less than half of what I would have spent in the US. The tuition fee is $35,000 per year (about R19 lakh) and living expenses are R25,000 a month.
Placement: Last year, the average salary for international students from CEIBS was RMB600,000 per year ( R50 lakh).
Attitude towards Indians: Chinese people treat Indians with a lot of respect. India is a ‘land of mystery’ and everybody wants to know more about our culture.
Food: Yes, the Chinese eat a lot of non-vegetarian food. But vegetarian items are easily available, and so is Indian food
Overall experience: I feel India can learn a lot from China. The education system is very professional and the government is making a lot of effort to learn best practices from other universities.
I am looking forward to the upcoming placement season and will actively search for opportunities to work in China.

MONEY-METER

According to CUCAS (China’s University and College Admission System), a student’s annual bill would be in the range of $6,000 to $9,000 ( R3,23,000 to R4,86,000) depending on the university’s location, with the cost being ‘significantly less’ in a small town or a city in Western China

IS LANGUAGE AN ISSUE?

The official response suggests it isn’t. “More and more Chinese universities now offer courses in English, enabling students with no knowledge of Chinese language to study there,” says the China Scholarship Council website


No comments:

Post a Comment