I want to apply to a film school abroad after Class 12

I want to apply to a film school abroad after Class 12. Although I have no experience yet, filmmaking is my passion. Should I get an academic degree first or directly get into a college like NYFA, University of Southern California, Chapman etc? Am I eligible? I scored 77% in Class 10. Also, is there scope to for girls in this field?
—Diksha Saini Dear Diksha, 

Yes!! There is scope for girls. Why not?
You should thoroughly research the programmes and schools you mentioned and figure out what experience you will need and whether you will need to submit a portfolio of work for admissions. If you must, then you’ll have to spend time building a portfolio to submit. You can do this on your own or join a class or institute of filmmaking that will enable you to do your own projects if you cannot do them at school.
You will need to apply in December/January of your Class 12 year. All the courses you mentioned are academic and offer four-year degrees (BFA or BA). You will need to take the SAT to apply, though some art schools are SAT optional (at SCAD, for example, SAT testing may not be required for international students).

No comments:

Post a Comment